Matches are made in heaven. (Short Story)






The sun was still shining and the birds were singing, Sansala was reading a book in her garden. Just as she was reading the book, the phone rang out. Yes, it was an unknown number, she answered the phone.
“Hello…….” Sansala said.
“Hello….. Can I speak to Miss.Sansala please?” it was a male’s voice. Sansala was silent for some times.
“Yes this is Sansala speaking, who you are?” she asked.
“I am Roshan here, you may not know me, but I know you.” He said to her. It was a wonderful thing. Sansala was wondering for some times.
“Okay…. Mr. Roshan what you want from me?” she asked him kindly.
“I want to meet you. If you don’t mind can I come to your home?” he asked her.
“Well, may I know the purpose Mr. Roshan?” she asked.
“It is an important matter Sansala. That is why I want to meet you”
“Mmm…. Okay….. You can come tomorrow morning, I will be at home” she said.
 “Thank you Sansala….” And he dropped the phone.
Sansala wondered who Roshan was, but she couldn’t remember.
Next day morning a young, handsome boy was ringing the bell. Sansala’s servant came and opened the door. It was Roshan.
He was in his cheerful spirits as always. She invited him inside and asked him to sit until Sansala comes. He was sitting in the hall. After few minutes Sansala came there. He stood up and shook Sansala’s hand. She was puzzled. Roshan began to talk.
“Sansala, I am Roshan and I am working in a bank as a chairman.” He said her.
“Nice to meet you Mr. Roshan. Take a seat please.” She asked him to sit.
“Thank you.” He thanked her from the bottom of the heart.
“So Mr. Roshan, you are here for………..” she paused.
“Actually Miss. Sansala last week when you came to my bank, you had left your identity card by mistakenly, and as your address I could find your home.” He said.
“Oh, I am really sorry Mr. Roshan and thank you for giving my identity card, but……………” she paused again.
“You are going to ask me how I could find your phone number right?” he said.
“Oh… Yes” Sansala cried.
“As you are one of our bank customers it’s not a big deal to find your number ….” He said with a smile.
They talked for a long time, Sansala was really happy to get to know about the bank chairman. After introducing themselves to each other, they enjoyed their day, he stood up to go, and went. Sansala was really happy that day, she couldn’t believe her eyes.
“A bank chairman………….. At our residence…… unbelievable.” She was thinking.
Day’s months went on. Sansala and Roshan became friends. They were spending time together.
One day early in the morning Sansala got a call, when she checked the number it was Roshan, but it was just a missed call. Few minutes later again Roshan called her. She picked up the phone and talked to him, she felt that his voice was not normal as usual. Then she asked him,
“Roshan, why is your voice different today? Anything wrong?”
He said that he was not well and he was at home. Immediately Sansala got ready and went to see Roshan at his residence. She felt sad; she treated him kindly like a mother nursing her child. Suddenly she asked about his mother. He got upset and he said that his mother left him and went to god before five years ago. Sansala felt sorry for him. But she was a fewer comfort to Roshan.
Day by day their friendship became strong. They shared everything among them. There were no secrets. One day Sansala told that she loved a boy. She told that she would not leave him whatever happens. Roshan wished her, he really was very happy as well as he felt sad, because he loved Sansala very much, because she was very kind with him, and he was always with him whatever happened.
One day Sansala came to Roshan crying and said that her parents were going to give her in marriage to a person she didn’t like, and she asked him to help her to go to her boyfriend who was in Colombo. Roshan didn’t agree for her idea. He told her to be at home and to explain her parents about this matter. But she refused. But anyhow after some struggles he agreed to Sansala’s idea.
Next day morning Sansala came with her bag to Roshan and went to Colombo with him. She was at the top of the hill. Roshan took her to her boyfriend’s house but he didn’t go inside. He just stopped his journey with Sansala from the outside of her boyfriend’s house and wished her as well as he bid his good bye to her.  But he really felt unusual.
After he went home he felt really sorry about the work which he did. But he thought that he did it because of Sansala’s happiness and liked to see Sansala living happily.
Five months later Roshan called Sansala,
“Hi Sansala, how are you? And how is your boyfriend?” directly he asked.
When Sansala spoke to him to him she cried and said that when she went to her boyfriend’s house he chased her from there Roshan didn’t expect such a thing will happen. He didn’t leave that matter, he went to Sansala’s boyfriend’s resident and he asked about the problem which happened between him and Sansala. But he said that he didn’t know such a thing and nothing happened between them.
After that he went in search of Sansala, finally he found him in a church. He took her from the church to her home. Her parents were very happy seeing her. Then, Roshan told everything which happened with her boyfriend. She hated her boyfriend very much. She was very sad; she was fed-up about everything even about her life. Roshan went to her and said,
“Sansala, if u doesn’t mind can I ask you a favor?”
“Okay Roshan, tell me.” She asked him with sadness.
“Sansala, I really like to marry you, and also I love you, but I couldn’t say this because you had a boyfriend. But now I think that this is the right time to ask you about this.”
“But don’t you think that I’m not a suitable girl for you?”
“No Sansala never. But if you don’t like me it’s okay. But still I will wait for you.” Roshan said with a little bit of sadness.
“No Roshan I love you too. I like to marry you.” Sansala said almost crying.
Roshan thought that is was God’s plan to get Sansala again. He was very happy.
Few days later, as the family members of Sansala and Roshan were getting ready to the marriage, an unknown person came to her house. No one knew who he was, but Roshan knew. Yes Roshan knew him because it was Sansala’s ex-boyfriend. Roshan really got angry when he saw him.
“What made you to come here?” Roshan asked him with anger.
“I came to take my Sansala back with me to my home.” He said. Everyone was surprised to hear that.
 “You said that you don’t want her anymore, and also you said that you don’t like her. After all you said that you even don’t know who she is, didn’t you?” said Roshan.
“Yes, I said so, but there was a reason behind that. I said like that because at that time I didn’t have enough money to take care of her.” He answered without any shyness.
“Hey, what? So, said like that because you didn’t have money to care of me? Is the money being the problem to you? Ha…. I don’t want you, just get lost from here.” Sansala cried, “I didn’t think that I loved a person who is greedy to money. I feel guilty that I loved you. You are the one who wasted my life. But the great God have sent me a loving person to save my life, so you just get lost from here.” She continued.
After all what she said, the boy felt that he was wrong. He begged his pardon from her and left the place. Actually, she didn’t care about him. As these words were running on her mind,
“I realized that Matches are made in heaven.” And a small smile appeared on her face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wandering cloud. (Short story)

Hopeless (Short story)